Friday, February 17, 2012

PCI at EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference

PCI will feature prominently when EDUCAUSE holds its 2012 Security Professionals Conference in Indianapolis May 15-17. This is a fantastic gathering of Higher Ed security professionals from around the country. I am pleased (and honored!) to say that I will participate again this year, presenting what I hope will be a very informative and current topic: How Tokenization and Point-to-Point Encryption Can Reduce Your School's PCI Scope. This will be a 3-hour exploration of these technologies and how they might apply.

If you or someone from your institution is attending, please have them consider signing up for this session. When I presented last year, we had a packed room with a great audience who had lots of questions. I am looking forward to the same experience this year.

Another PCI-related session is Seminar 01-A is Navigating the PCI Jungle by Tammy Clark, CISO at Georga State. It will deliver a "common-sense approach to developing a cost-effective and efficient PCI compliance review program at your institution." This seminar is in the morning, while mine is in the afternoon so there is no conflict if anyone wants to overdose on PCI the whole day. Actually, the two are complementary. (Don't tell anyone, but I am planning to try and sneak in to this one, and see what I can learn.)

I look forward to seeing some of you at EDUCAUSE in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment