Monday, March 10, 2014

Sneaky!

sneaky guy
I have been thinking about one of the new SAQs, SAQ B-IP (Merchants with Standalone, IP-Connected PTS Point-of-Interaction (POI) Terminals – No Electronic Cardholder Data Storage), and wondering about how and where it might fit in to my card processing environment or the environments of other Higher Education operations I know of. I had made a brief survey of it to write an introductory post, First Look at the New SAQs: Evolution, and I planned on digging into its depths as soon as time permitted.

Meanwhile, back at the day job, this morning I was checking on PTS validation status of a product and found an interesting link I hadn't noticed before. And what do you know? In the PCI SSC documents library I noticed that three new documents were published in February and early March covering PTS POI devices and the related approval program. Usually new publications show up on the PCI SSC home page, but not in this case.

I will be taking a look at these documents before I write more on SAQ B-IP.

No comments:

Post a Comment