Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Staying in Touch With Developments

I'm getting ready to head off on vacation for a few weeks, and it has me thinking about staying in touch. I mention this because I probably won't be making many blog posts for a bit, and at the same time there is a lot happening in the PCI world that you want to make sure you stay current.

One way is to set up your Google (or Safari or whatever) reader and load up the RSS feeds for your favorite blogs. That is what I do, and it's great for filtering what you need to see. A great way to start is with the blogroll on the right. These are some of the blogs I follow (or participate in), and I'd add them to whatever list you put together.

Of particular interest might be the StorefrontBacktalk link. While they have gone to a premium pricing model (hey...everybody's got to eat!), I am pleased to announce that my PCI columns shortly will all be "free." There is a lot of other great retail content there, too, so if you have auxiliaries or other retail-like operations on campus, I'd point your RSS feed there.

With so much happening on point-to-point encryption (with the painful acronym P2PE), tokenization, and the reality of PCI 2.0, you should take a few minutes to skim the highlights so you can stay up to date with what's happening.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be relying on my iPad and assorted English, Belgian, and French hotel WiFi links to stay connected. Yes, I'll still be on vacation, but I'll also be staying in touch. You may want to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment